2016 Mazda CX-9 vs. 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe
2016 Mazda CX-9
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe
Looking to buy a new family SUV in Nanimo, Duncan, and Victoria, but can’t choose between the 2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe? Harris Mazda may be able to help you make up your mind. Compare and contrast these popular SUVs with our handy comparison guide.
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 features a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine, which uses turbocharged technology for a burst of power right when you need it. This engine produces an impressive 227 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque, a good showing for a family SUV of this style. It will come with a smooth-shifting six-speed automatic transmission as a standard feature. While the EPA hasn’t estimated the fuel economy of the 2016 Mazda CX-9’s engine, Mazda’s engineers say that it will have a fuel economy that improves on last year’s engine by 20 percent. With a 2015 fuel efficiency of up to 11.8L/ 100 km highway, that means that the new Mazda CX-9 could have a fuel efficiency rating of up to 9.7L / 100 km highway.
It also uses an innovative i-ACTIV AWD™system, which uses sensors placed on the wheels to sense road conditions and predict when there may be major changes in traction. Torque is sent to each wheel separately and immediately when necessary to prevent wheel slippage, saving you fuel over conventional all-wheel drive systems.
The 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe includes a 3.3L engine, which uses a dual overhead can shaft and direct gasoline injection for enough power when you need it. This engine produces 290 hp and 252 lb-ft of torque, but gets an unimpressive 13L /100 km even with all-wheel drive.
When you buy the 2016 Mazda CX-9, you’ll get standard features that are only available as costly extras on the 2016 Hyundai Santa Fe. You’ll also get features that may not even be available on the Santa Fe, even for an extra fee or an upgraded trim level. See what kinds of great features and accessories you’ll get on the 2016 Mazda CX-9:
- Dual zone automatic climate control that uses separate controls for the back seat so all of your passengers can enjoy the comfort of air conditioning or heat
- Dual auxiliary visors to prevent sun blindness and improve visibility
- Standard adaptive cruise control that uses radar sensors to help you slow down when the car ahead of you is slowing down in order to avoid a collision
- Standard carpeted floor mats in the front and back for ease of cleaning
- Front and rear one-touch windows that slide up easily with the touch of a button for each passenger
- A power remote trunk release that easily opens with just the press of a button so it’s easier for you to load your gear
- Four seat back storage pockets for maps, snacks, magazines, and other personal items
- Room for seven passengers in a comfortable and spacious cabin
- Standard driver’s seat memory, which lets you store the position of your seat, the mirrors, and other aspects of the car so you won’t have to take time to adjust your settings every time you get into the car
- 60/40 split-folding rear seats that provide an incredible 71.3 cubic feet of cargo space when the seats are folded up
- A standard rear arm rest for your passengers’ comfort, plus three adjustable rear head restraints
- A premium stereo system with 3 speakers
- A standard in-vehicle GPS navigation system that uses turn-by-turn navigation to get you where you’re going more easily
- Two standard LCD screens for your standard in-vehicle navigation as well as your audio system and in-vehicle computer
- Curtain airbags in the first, second, and third rows of the car for the protection of all of your passengers
- LED low/high beam headlamps that allow you to automatically switch between low beams and high beams to avoid blinding others, along with LED bulbs that provide a brighter and clearer light than traditional halogen bulbs, with less energy usage
- Directionally adaptive headlights that move with your steering wheel so you can see where you’re going with ease and visibility
Get Ready for the Mazda CX-9
Want to know more about the upcoming 2016 Mazda CX-9? For more information or to test drive one of our other fine Mazda family vehicles, call Harris Mazda today at 250-758-9125 or come see us at 2525 Bowen Rd, Nanaimo.