2016 Mazda CX-9 vs. the 2016 Ford Explorer
2016 Mazda CX-9
2016 Ford Explorer
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 is an SUV-lover’s SUV. Boasting a mighty engine that generates consistently high levels of horsepower and phenomenal towing capabilities, a generous amount of space in the cabin for passengers as well as luggage, an extensive array of sophisticated driving technologies to keep you entertained and informed, and a broad spectrum of safety systems and devices to keep you and your passengers secure on the open road, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 packs everything you could ever want into a single SUV. In fact, in order to show you just how superior this new Mazda CX-9 is, let’s compare it to one of its closest competitors, the 2016 Ford Explorer.
Power and Performance
One of the truly amazing things about the new line of Mazda SUVs is the fact that they combine mind-bending power with eye-brow-raising efficiency, and the Mazda CX-9 is especially distinguished in this regard, sporting an engine which both churns out great rates of horsepower but also realize stunning fuel efficiency, especially when compared to the Explorer:
- The 2016 Mazda CX-9 – The base-line Mazda CX-9 runs on a SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T engine which gets as much as 250 hp and produces 310 lb-ft of torque, at least when it is combined with a Dynamic Pressure Turbo system. Meanwhile, the Mazda CX-9 also features an i-ACTIV AWD® system designed to distribute torque between the front and rear axles in order to maximize traction and optimize control. Finally—and this is the especially big news—the Mazda CX-9 is one efficient SUV: it gets 22 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
- The 2016 Ford Explorer – The Explorer is powered by a 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine that certainly can deliver some strong horsepower—290 hp, to be exact—but it doesn’t feature the same systems as the Mazda, like Dynamic Pressure Turbo and i-ACTIV AWD®, and it shows: the Explorer can only get 20 mpg in the city, for example.
A Luxurious Interior
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 is not just a powerful—and powerfully efficient—vehicle; it’s also beautifully accoutered and abundant in interior space:
- The 2016 Mazda CX-9 – On the one hand, the Mazda CX-9 boasts a lavishly appointed interior, which features the highest quality materials—plush Nappa leather seat covers, for example, as well as Rosewood and aluminum trims—but it also gives you expert craftsmanship. On the other hand, it’s a spacious vehicle, with three rows of seating—and seven seats—as well as multiple storage compartments.
- The 2016 Ford Explorer – The Explorer does provide seating for seven, like the Mazda CX-9, but it does not offer the same sort of interior luxury that can be found in the Mazda, with its gorgeous leather, wood, aluminum trims, and its superb stitching and artistry.
Likewise, the Mazda CX-9 gives drivers an array of sophisticated technologies and safety devices to keep you entertained, informed, in control, and safe no matter where you find yourself on the drive:
- The 2016 Mazda CX-9 – Music lovers are going relish their experience in the Mazda CX-9, which provides you with a 12-speaker Bose® Audio system, as well as a collection of internet radio stations like Pandora, Aha, SiriusXM, and Stitcher. You will never have to worry about being distracted while you adjust your music, because steering-wheel mounted controls enable you to choose tracks and change the volume without taking your hands off the wheel. Meanwhile, the Mazda CX-9’s MAZDA CONNECT™ system features a Multi-Function Command Center with a 9-inch color touchscreen and an advanced GPS navigation system, which makes it possible for you to identify your location, look for landmarks and generate maps.
- The 2016 Ford Explorer – The Explorer gives you some similar devices, certainly—a SYNC® system to keep you connected and SiriusXM radio—but it does not feature the Mazda’s 12-speaker Bose Audio, or MAZDA CONNECT™, or the 9-inch touchscreen and GPS system offered by the Mazda CX-9.
Finally, the Mazda CX-9 is positively loaded with safety devices to keep you and your passengers secure:
The 2016 Mazda CX-9 gives you:
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert
- Backup Camera
- E911 service that helps you respond to a collision
- Dynamic Stability Control
- Brake Distribution systems
- Blind Spot Monitor
- The 2016 Ford Explorer – As in the preceding cases, the Explorer has some decent equipment, too—a Lane-Keeping System, an Enhance Active Park Assist system, and a Front 180-degree Camera—just not what the Mazda CX-9 boasts.
Test Drive the 2016 Mazda CX-9 Today!
But enough talk: now it’s time to act. We urge you to take this SUV out for a test drive by stopping by Harris Mazda at 2525 Bowen Road in Nanaimo, or giving us a call at 250-758-9125. Explore the Mazda CX-9 today, and experience the SUV’s SUV in person!
*2015 Images Shown